How to repel sand flea and sand fly?
5 things you should do to avoid being bitten by sand flea & sand fly
School holidays offer a great opportunity to recharge our batteries after months of mundane work in the office. They are also a good chance to plan great outdoor trips ahead if you don’t want to suffer the indignity of being stuck in the house with bored, screaming kids for the duration of the entire school holidays.
Outdoor holiday at the sandy beaches or jungle trekking in the woods can be fun and enjoyable for the family but not when you are ill-prepared to avoid long lasting scars and wound on the skin due to bites by blood sucking sand flea and sand fly.
1. Buy DEET-free insect repellent before your outdoor trip.
- Extensive DEET exposure is more likely to have insomnia, mood disturbances in adults and impaired cognitive on children.
2. Protect your skin and be ECO-friendly, get a bottle of organic insect repellent depending on your application needs:-
- Bite Blocker Extreme Organic Spray which is DEET free, waterproof and sweatproof to protect you from sand flea and sand fly bites up to 8 hours.
- BioUD Organic Insect Repellent Spray which is US EPA approved to spray not only on your skin but also on your clothing and gear to protect all of them from potential sand flea and sand fly hides and bites activity.
- If you want to protect your skin and even on the face and neck areas against sand fly bites try the handy size, non-toxic BioUD Organic Insect Repellent lotion.
3. Apply botanical based insect repellent before you get out of the car and room.
- Many people park at a trail head, slowly get out of the car, and begin applying insect repellent. You are already too late! The sand flies are trapped in your car and they will feast on you when you return.
- While the sand flies are colonizing your car, their friends are latching onto your leg as you frantically attempt to apply repellent and kill sand flies simultaneously. To be kind, this is usually ineffective and is a poor start to your hike.
- Put the repellent on before you get out of the car or room to avoid this cyclical problem.
4. Cover up your body.
- Long pants and sleeves provide effective protection from swarming sand flies when you are outdoors hiking.
5. Do not scratch the sand fly and sand flea bite on those skin areas.
- If you follow all of the above listed advice, you probably will still get bitten by sand fleas and sand flies but just not as much!
- When this occurs, do not scratch the bite. Scratching simply spreads the itch and extends the amount of time it takes the wound to heal. Plus, scratching leads to more scratching and that simply escalates the problem.
- Instead, apply Bite Blocker Anti Itch lotion. This will cut down the itching and will also help your skin heal more quickly. This anti itch lotion, when apply on the entire skin will continue to protect you against further sand flea and sand fly bites up to 3 hours while relieving the itching.
Buy now if the above insect organic repellent matches your needs.