Dengue Fever is the most common mosquito-borne viral disease in the world. This illness is an infectious disease with virus transmitted primarily by Aedes mosquitoes. The virus spreads to human through the bites of Aedes mosquitoes. Infection of dengue can cause increased body temperature, muscle and joint aches, rashes, and possibly fatal haemorrhagic fever.
Alarming Concern for Our Family Health
There is no medicine available to cure dengue.
Mosquitoes are increasingly resistant to fogging of toxic insecticide, fueling of out-of-control of Aedes mosquito-borne viral disease spread around our country and the world.
A worrying increase in the incidence of dengue cases nationwide has the Health Ministry of Malaysia pleading the public to take step to combat the mosquito-borne menace. It was reported that a total of 27,000 instances of dengue fever in 2011.
Useful Tips for Dengue Prevention
- Dengue mosquitoes bite during the daytime. Wear long-sleeve cloth or long pant to cover the hands and legs from mosquito bites.
- Apply safe plant based formulation, Bio, DEET free mosquitoes repellent spray on your skin for all your outdoor garden and sport activities.
- Clean the house gutter to prevent rain water stagnation.
- Make sure water storage areas are covered to prevent breeding of mosquitoes.
- Frequent check and remove stagnant water from your garden and home.
- Report to the nearest local city council for stagnant water seen in any house under renovation or building under construction area.
- Report to the nearest health center of any suspected case of haemorrhagic fever in the neighborhood.
- Isolate patient suffering from haemorrhagic fever for at least 5 days.
- Break the cycle of mosquito-human-mosquito infection. Mosquitoes become infected when they bite people who are sick with dengue.
- Tomato and plant based formulation, Bio, DEET free Mosquito repellent spray will effectively prevent more mosquitoes from biting dengue patient and help stop the spread of dengue.