Getting started with DIY DeTer Rat Bio-Repellent tube and caulking gun:
1. Cut DeTer Bio-Repellent tube nozzle just above first screw thread with cutters.
2. Screw on applicator nose and cut nozzle at the 75mm mark.
3. Place tube in manual caulking gun chamber and lock tube in place (caulking guns are available in any hardware store).
4. Place nozzle in position and squeeze trigger slowly and lifting the nozzle just above application surface.
Product applied in the beads will keep rats from crossing the area. Use a paintbrush or putty knife to smooth the product or press it into a film.
Take care not to apply DeTer Bio-Repellent in areas where people or pets may come in contact with the product.
Avoid application on porous surface like unpainted concrete and wood surface as they may absorb mineral oil from DeTer Bio-Repellent, making it ineffective.
Bulk product may be applied using a bulk loading caulking gun for wall injection or bead application or using a paint brush or putty knife for a wider spreading option.
Bulk Loading Gun Application:
Please click Bulk loading gun and plate operation for video demonstration.
The solution for sealing non porous surface:
To apply DeTer Bio-Repellent on adhesive tape or metal sheet purchase from the hardware store that acts as an absorption barrier.
Tools and material requirement
DeTer Bio-Repellent application guidelines for Residential Area:
1. DeTer for Rat is a CONTACT repellent.
2. DeTer will not harm rat.
3. It is a contact irritant.
4. In order for it to work it must be placed in areas where rat will come in contact with it and get the product on them.
5. Once a Rat has come in contact with the product they will avoid the area and may leave the structure entirely.
6. Avoid application on porous surface like unpainted concrete and wood surface as they may absorb mineral oil from DeTour, making it ineffective.
The solution for this is to apply it on non porous adhesive tape, metal sheet, or dried clear silicon surface that has been spread and flatten with putty knife on the porous based. These material acts as an absorption barrier. All these can be purchased from hardware store.
8. Avoid application on non-target frequent traffic path.
9. Use DeTer to enhance existing mouse management program and mouse prevention strategies. Mouse are stressed out due to hot peppers as irritant agent. As such they are likely to leave the nesting area and be caught by other trap devices
Click buy now, if the above Green Bio-repellent product matches your current pest problem.